Ojamo-mouse! Welcome to Tanegashima's traditional culture and surfing blog!
Welcome to Tanegashima's Traditional Culture and Surfing Blog.
Thank you very much for visiting Tanegashima's Traditional Culture and Surfing Blog.
Ojarimouse" means "welcome" in the Tanegashima dialect, and is a phrase used in Tanegashima to express gratitude to visitors from outside the island when they arrive.
This site is composed of three categories: 1) Traditional Culture of Tanegashima, 2) Surfing Scenery of Tanegashima, and 3) Nature of Tanegashima.
For an overview of Tanegashima, please refer to the "Oyarimose! Tanegashima" page.
Features of this site
The following are some of the features that we keep in mind for this site.
- We use large images that are larger than Google's recommended size
- We try to make it possible to enjoy just looking at the pictures without reading the text
- We use a gallery format to introduce Tanegashima Island in detail to those who wish to see many images
- We try to make the site mobile-friendly (it should display well on a cell phone)
- We try to research historical information and include it in our articles whenever possible
In addition, the following is an overview of each category on this site.
(1) Introduction of traditional culture of Tanegashima
This site introduces the traditional culture of Tanegashima Island with many photos taken on the island.
The photos used in this site were taken by shige-p, the administrator of this site, and have been slightly cropped and the image quality has been greatly reduced.
The same photos may be used on other sites due to diversion from Instagram, etc., which started about 10 years ago. However, we keep full-size versions of the photos on SNS and our blog in raw format, and can prove that the images on this site are the original photos of our site manager.
Tanegashima Island is a famous place for pilgrimages to sacred anime sites
Tanegashima Island is also a sacred place for movies and anime that take place on the island.
For more information, please see this article on pilgrimages to sacred places in anime in the Traditional Culture category.
(2) Introduction to Surfing on Tanegashima Island
This site features actual surfing photos taken in Tanegashima by the administrator.
The surfing category is characterized by the fact that we aim to create a site where you can enjoy surfing just by looking at it.
The main efforts are as follows
- Basically, we post photos that have already been published on Instagram (basically, those that have been approved for posting on social networking sites by the person on site)
- We try to post more photos and make the site enjoyable just by looking at them!
- The photos are in gallery format, so that those who want to see them can view them in detail
- We introduce photos related to surfing in Tanegashima Island, regardless of pro or amateur surfers
About Pinterest icons in the images on this site
Since this site has only been up and running for a short period of time, the power of the site itself is weak and is still in the process of being developed.
Pinterest is also part of the domain training process, so we ask for your understanding.
In the future, we will work to make it a stronger site.
About the multilingual specifications of this site
Since some of the articles on this site have been translated into multiple languages, we ask for your understanding that some of the information, such as Google Maps and Instagram embedding, is in both Japanese and the translated language.
In addition to Japanese (basic), English, Spanish, and Indonesian are also available.
If there is a language switching indication, the translated page exists, so the viewer can refer to the translated page if he/she wishes.
For details, please refer to this page.
Here are some articles by category
Categories can be selected by clicking on the "color-coded tabs" at the top of the list below.